The Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts receives grant funding from the Lincoln Financial Foundation
Posted on 02/24/2012
The Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts is proud to announce it is the recipient of a $25,000 grant from the Lincoln Financial Foundation. The grant will support the Bemis Center’s continuing educational activities and initiatives.
No single program encapsulates the totality of the Bemis Center’s education efforts. Rather, education is a key component of everything the organization does.
Through collaboration with artists, organizations, schools and businesses, the Bemis Center seeks to ignite civic engagement, raise public awareness of art and empower the local community to think differently about a wide range of contemporary issues.
This grant will build strategic partnerships with community leaders, social service agencies and artists, expanding the Bemis Center’s community impact through both offsite and onsite educational programming.
• Heartland Family Service Artist-in-Residence Program throughout the Omaha Metro
• The Building Bridges public art project in Council Bluffs, Iowa
• Theaster Gates’ Town Hall Project in North Omaha
• Educational programming for Michael Jones McKean’s upcoming Rainbow Project.
• Exposure for local and emerging artists in the bemisUNDERGROND.
• Art Talk and Open Studios events featuring Bemis Center artists-in-residence